Setting Up Apache Tomcat 6/7/8 Server Runtime
At first we need to download install Apache Tomcat 7.
- After Install, Open Eclipse.
- Open Windows -> Preference and Search for “Server”
Windows -> Preference -> Server
- Select Runtime Environments, Click Add.
- New Server Runtime Wizard will open.
- Select The Apache Tomcat Version (Here i’m Selecting Tomcat 7)
New Server Runtime Environment (Select Tomcat 7 or other Version)
- Click Next
- Name (Can be any name)
- Tomcat Installation Directory (Choose the Installation Dir)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
- Select the Workbench Default (if you want to use different JRE, change here).
- Click Finish.
We Have Create new Runtime.
Now we need to Create Local Server
- Windows -> Show View -> Server (Alternatevely you can User Quick Access to open Server view).
- Create New Server
New Server : Click Finish to Have default Values
- Voila! We have finished the Server Setup.
- You can startt adding the project to server and Start.
Choose the Right Version of Eclipse & Download
To Download Eclipse visit http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/
Below are few List of Eclipse Packages
Eclipse Download Packages List
Choose the one you are looking for.
For example if you want to develop Java/J2EE Applications Download –
Choose 32 bit or 64 bit (See How to Check Your PC is 32 bit or 64 bit ?)
Eclipse for Java/J2EE Dev
Now Download the .zip package (for Windows) and .tar.gz (for Linux & MacOS)
If you have Downloaded the Eclipse for Windows (.zip file)
- After Downloading the .zip file from Eclipse
- Open your “C Drive” or other Drive with 2+ GB Free Space.
- Create New Folder eclipse.
- copy the zip file to C:\eclipse\
- Right click the zip file and Choose Extraxt All.
- In the extract folder path, Browse to the location C:\ (While Extracting the zip will create another Folder named eclipse)
- Click Extract to extract the files.
- Voila!! You have installed the Eclipse. Yeah i know this is so simple!!
Place Short Cut in Desktop:
- Right Click on eclipse.exe inside the C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
- Click Sent to Desktop to create shortcut
- Now double click to launch the Eclipse.