Introduction and Characteristics of Algorithm
Introduction and Characteristics of Algorithms is explained in detail below
The programmatic way of storing data, so that it can be used efficiently. Almost every enterprise application uses various types of data structures in one or the other way.
Introduction and Characteristics of Algorithms, Algorithm is a step-by-step programmatic way of storing data, so that it can be used efficiently. Almost every enterprise application uses various types of data structures in one or the other way.
As we saw in this article about Algorithm, Let us see in details here.
Algorithm is step-by-step procedure for solving a problem in finite number of steps. In other words it is finite set of well-defined instructions written in human readable language for solving a given problem. An algorithm is division of a problem into small steps which are in sequence. Algorithm is very important way for computers to understand the problem and process the information accordingly.
Problem can always be solved in multiple ways or can have multiple solutions to solve. Similarly Algorithms also can be written any number ways to solve the problem. Let us see the characteristic of an Algorithm.
Characteristic of an Algorithm:
Writing an Algorithm must possess the following characteristics.
- Finiteness : Each algorithm must have finite number of steps, or must terminate after finite number of steps.
- Input : algorithm may not have input or have many inputs.
- Output : Must have 1 or more well-defined output, should match the desired output.
- Unambiguous : Algorithm must be clear and unambiguous, each of the input and output
- Feasibility : Resources must be utilized properly, Should never waste the resource.
- Independent : Algorithm must be independent of any Programming languages.
In the next article in details about the Big O Notations in data structures with example.
LIKE | SHARE | FOLLOW